Planning for the Swim England Educator and Approved Centre is gathering pace, so we can now confirm more details for the event.
The Conference Dinner on Thursday 30 November will be headlined by decorated swimmer and coach Melanie Marshall (click here to watch a video with Mel on the BBC website about her current role) who will get the event off to an exciting start. This will act as a precursor to the Conference the following day.
The evening will start at 6:30pm with a networking session, followed by the Conference Dinner and Mel’s keynote address.
The following day, 1 December, will see the Conference start at 9:00am with a Swim England welcome and strategy update, followed by a series of workshops, lunch and annual Educator Awards.
Dates and Venue
The Swim England Educator and Approved Centre Conference 2017 will take place on the following date and location.
30 November 2017 – Pre-Conference Dinner and Speaker
1 December 2017 – Day Conference and Awards
Where: Burleigh Court Hotel and Conference Centre, Loughborough, LE11 3TD. To view a map of venue click here.
The workshops planned for this year are:
- The future of skills and employment in the UK – CIMSPA’s role in delivering a workforce to meet the aims of the governments ‘Sporting Futures’ strategy
- Question and Answer session with Mel Marshall
- Sharing best practice: Exploring examples of effective course delivery and assessment
- Swim England Learn to Swim update
- A course for all – the protected characteristics and practical ideas of how to meet, encourage and value inclusion and diversity in the classroom/pool environment
- The Social Learning Equation (SLEQ)
- Swim England’s Insight Team: the value of insight in developing excellent customer experiences in the pool and the invaluable role that workforce plays within this.
- Inclusion: dealing with learners with Autism
- Inclusion: dealing with learners with ADHD
Bookings will be taken from 1 August 2017 with the menu of costs as follows:
An evening with Melanie Marshall and three course dinner
£50 (inc VAT)
Day conference only
£90 per delegate (inc VAT). This fee includes access to the full day’s conference
Day conference (with overnight stay, single)
£180 per delegate (inc VAT). This fee includes a bedroom for one person overnight and full access to the Conference Day. Accommodation cost includes breakfast.
Day conference (with overnight stay, sharing)
£300 per pair (inc VAT). This fee includes a bedroom for two people sharing overnight and full access to the Conference Day. Accommodation cost includes breakfast.
We hope to see you there!