The event will start on the Thursday 30 November with a dinner headlined by decorated swimmer and head coach Melanie Marshall.
On Friday 1 December the Conference will begin with a Swim England welcome and strategy update, followed by a series of workshops, lunch and concluding with the annual Educator and Approved Centre Key Contact Awards ceremony.
Following on from last year, this conference will aim to provide you with practical experiences and knowledge that you can use during your role as either an Educator or Approved Centre Key Contact.
There will be also be lots of opportunities to network with fellow colleagues, hear and share experiences through our popular facilitated discussion sessions.
Click here to download the full Conference and Awards schedule.
The Awards recognise excellence in Educators and Approved Centres. The aim is to reward and celebrate those who have demonstrated an exceptional and inspirational commitment to supporting learners and Educators. You can nominate people for the following Awards:
- Swim England Educator of the Year Award
- Swim England Approved Centre Diversity Champions Award
- Swim England Trainee Tutor of the Year Award
- Swim England Outstanding Contribution Award
Click here to open the online nomination form.
Dates and Venue
The Swim England Educator and Approved Centre Conference 2017 will take place on the following date and location.
30 November 2017 – Pre-Conference Dinner and Speaker
1 December 2017 – Day Conference and Awards
Where: Burleigh Court Hotel and Conference Centre, Loughborough, LE11 3TD. To view a map of venue click here.
The workshops planned for this year are:
- The future of skills and employment in the UK – CIMSPA’s role in delivering a workforce to meet the aims of the governments ‘Sporting Futures’ strategy
- Question and Answer session with Mel Marshall
- Sharing best practice: Exploring examples of effective course delivery and assessment
- Swim England Learn to Swim update
- A course for all – the protected characteristics and practical ideas of how to meet, encourage and value inclusion and diversity in the classroom/pool environment
- The Social Learning Equation (SLEQ)
- Swim England’s Insight Team: the value of insight in developing excellent customer experiences in the pool and the invaluable role that workforce plays within this.
- Inclusion: dealing with learners with Autism
- Inclusion: dealing with learners with ADHD
Bookings will be taken from 1 August 2017 with the menu of costs as follows:
An evening with Melanie Marshall and three course dinner
£50 (inc VAT)
Day conference only
£90 per delegate (inc VAT). This fee includes access to the full day’s conference
Day conference (with overnight stay, single)
£180 per delegate (inc VAT). This fee includes a bedroom for one person overnight and full access to the Conference Day. Accommodation cost includes breakfast.
Day conference (with overnight stay, sharing)
£300 per pair (inc VAT). This fee includes a bedroom for two people sharing overnight and full access to the Conference Day. Accommodation cost includes breakfast.
We hope to see you there!